Geoprocessing Script for Loading Parcel Control Points?

04-17-2015 01:43 PM
Labels (1)
BrittJohnson
New Contributor III

Anyone out there have an automated script or model for loading of control points? We're in the process of designing or Parcel Fabric model, and I'm brainstorming ways to add in new control points as we get them.

Right now we have a custom add-in for our survey crew to upload new survey points from a text file to a point feature class in SDE. I was hoping to be able to build some sort of script that could automatically push new points to the parcel fabric control after they are uploaded into our existing feature class. In searching around today though, I haven't found any ways to load new data to the control other than manually with the wizard in ArcCatalog; or just digitizing them in during a parcel editing session.

Also I've tested out simply trying to use the Append tool; but it looks like standard GP tools won't work on that feature class. Seems that the only editing that can be done to it is during a parcel edit session. Also would be nice to be able to map fields somehow when uploading points; instead of having to modify input field names to match those in the Control feature class.

We could certainly just use the loading wizard in Catalog every time; but were hoping someone might have some ideas for automating the process.

Britt

GIS Technician

City of Auburn, AL

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JustinMcCulloch
New Contributor III

It would certainly be nice to be able to employ a script that can pull newly collected control from our SDE database. I am curious why the schemas for the cadastral reference and for parcel fabric control are so much different when they both are part of the same info model (LGIM). I'm wondering the same thing about field mapping; is there an easier way to do this, rather than using a staging gdb to change the fields? Is there a script for publishing or preparing control from the cadastral reference for use in the fabric? I must be missing something.

Justin McCulloch

GIS Analyst

Wood County, OH

0 Kudos