Local Government Information Model entity-relationship model

04-24-2015 06:46 AM
Labels (1)
MarcelaRondon
Occasional Contributor

I'm trying to understand how the LGIM works so i can get the water utility network editing tools to work with my own model. I checked out the data dictionary but i can't get diagrammer to pull out the graphic data model so i can get a better understanding of the LGIM.  Diagrammer worked fine with another model but with the LGIM it shows some errors and i'm forced to use the task manager to close it...

Does anyone have such graphic data model and would be so kind to share?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ScottOppmann
Esri Contributor

I would bet that Diagrammer is failing because it does not support certain data types  introduced in later releases of ArcGIS (parcel fabrics, etc.).  You can produce a nice map dictionary with Xray for ArcMap that will show the layers, fields, etc. used in the Water Utility editing map.  Then use that map dictionary in concert with the the Data Dictionary we provide with the Information Model to determine what data is being sourced in the solution.

If you really want a poster or something similar, Xray for ArcCatalog will produce that as well.  I would just suggest you do it on a subset of the Information Model - layers used in water utility editing.  Certainly do not attempt to create a poster of the entire Information Model (way too much content for a single poster).