File Geodatabase coded domain not recogized by ArcGIS Online?

Jump to solution
04-26-2015 10:56 AM
YukunXing
New Contributor III

I created a File GDB and set up a domain, and the domain was assigned to a field in a feature class. The domain behaves as expected on in ArcGIS Desktop (dropdown list when editing the content of that field).

But if I zip up the FGDB and upload to ArcGIS Online to created a feature layer and edit the layer online, there is no dropdown when editing.

I don't see any additional step in this tutorial, other than a different mechanism of getting data to ArcGIS Online. I don't think I can do it the same way in ArcGIS 10.0: http://doc.arcgis.com/en/collector/android/create-maps/prepare-data-desktop.htm

Anyone has any idea what's going on? Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
YukunXing
New Contributor III

Never mind. It looks like uploading the zipped FGDB is why coded value domain doesn't automatically translate to dropdown. I found a 10.1 Desktop and published the service from ArcMap "Share As --> Service" and it worked.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
YukunXing
New Contributor III

Never mind. It looks like uploading the zipped FGDB is why coded value domain doesn't automatically translate to dropdown. I found a 10.1 Desktop and published the service from ArcMap "Share As --> Service" and it worked.

0 Kudos