Sign Inventory assign asset id not working

05-27-2015 02:29 PM
Labels (1)
CassidyKillian
Occasional Contributor II

I just downloaded a copy of the Sign Inventory package and I am trying to figure out how to assign asset id's using the attribute assistant the way it is already set up.  It does not appear to be working as it does not assign anything to the FACILITYID field like it shows in the workflow section of the documentation.

Does it only work if you "Create Local Copy for Editing" or should it work just loading the default data that is downloaded with the example?

I cant figure out why it is not working since it is a copy of the latest download?  Has anyone else tried this yet?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ScottOppmann
Esri Contributor

Cassidy -

If you have published feature services from the sample data, you must create a local copy of the feature service and then use the Attribute Assistant rules as described on the solution site.  If you are trying to do the edits in ArcGIS for Desktop against the Local Government Information Model, you'll need to modify the rules in the Dynamic Value Table and specifically the feature class names for signs and poles.  They currently are configured to work with Feature Services that are synchronized via a local copy.

Hope this helps.

Scott

CassidyKillian
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks Scott...I will give that a try.  I noticed that the rules had "0" in the table names and value info fields so I wondered if it had to be a local copy.

0 Kudos