ArcPad Quick Fields

06-03-2015 02:01 PM
AngelaGruber
New Contributor II

Hello all...

I am trying to set up Quick Fields in ArcPad 10.2.  I will use my ArcPad Project on a Trimble Geo7x running Windows Embedded Handheld 6.5 Pro.  After three phone calls to ESRI support, I finally got the Quick Fields to work within my ArcPad project on my desktop PC.

However, I still cannot get the Quick Fields to work in the ArcPad project on my mobile device.  I did remember to copy my ArcPadExpressions.apx file over to the My Documents/My ArcPad folder on the mobile device.  When I open the project on the mobile device (with GPS connected), I get the symbol formerly known as the hour glass.   (I don't know what you call it now--the four color spots that spin around).  Anyhow, it just spins for ever.  If I try to collect a point, I just get an error message about null values.

This is frustrating because it does work on the PC, just not on the Geo7x.

Any ideas?

Thank you for your help...

Angela

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobCahalan
New Contributor III

Angela...did you ever figure this out? I am having the same issue, it works on my PC but not on my GeoXT 6000 or Trimble Juno.

0 Kudos
JuanLuera
Occasional Contributor III

Hola Angela,

In looking into what you have described above each expression is stored in a file called ArcPadExpressions.apx. TheArcPadExpressions.apx file must always accompany the ArcPadPrefs.apx file. By default, both of these files are located in the My Document\My ArcPad folder. If you place your ArcPadPrefs.apx file somewhere other than the default location (for example, in a project folder along with an app shortcut), ensure that you place the ArcPadExpressions.apx file in the same location. I hope this helps what you are seeing on the device, and if we can assist further, please do no hesitate in logging a support case (east coast). Gracias, Angela!

Juan

0 Kudos