Latest version of Local Gov Address DataManagement addins

06-09-2015 12:08 PM
Labels (1)
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I wanted to make sure I was working with the latest release of the Attribute Assistant so I used download from this site Land Records - Manage Address Information | ArcGIS for Local Government http://solutions.arcgis.com/local-government/land-records/manage-addresses/

I am concerned now because the Loaded.config file's comments say Version 10.1  Copyright 2014 where as my previous copy said Version 10.2 Copyright 2013 (I downloaded this one on 2/04/2015.)

Where should I go to get the latest release of the Address Data Management tools?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JeffWard
Occasional Contributor III

I would say this is the best place to get the Address Data Management template.

Land Records - Manage Address Information | ArcGIS for Local Government

Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah
0 Kudos
LindsayThomas
Esri Contributor

Hi Nina,

The most recent version of the Addins were released as part of the ArcGIS for Local Government  "July 2015 Release".

The easiest way to check if you have the most up to date version of the add-in's is to look at the "What's New" pages on our Solutions Site here: Address Data Management | ArcGIS for Local Government  . This contains all the information on changes that were made to the solutions since the last update.

The best way to see if what version you have on your machine is to look at the add-in. To do this, in ArcMap go to the Customize menu > Add-in Manager. Click on the Address Management Tools and you will see the version and the date are set to 6.26.2015. This add-in is part of the July 2015 Release and the most recent.

-Lindsay

AlisonGaiser1
Occasional Contributor

Lindsay will this version be posted to github?

Thanks,

Alison

0 Kudos
LindsayThomas
Esri Contributor

Hi Alison,

Customers using the compiled add-ins looking to update to the newest version should get the update from our ArcGIS Solutions Site. Below are a few short links to our more popular solutions using the add-ins:

Address Data Management | ArcGIS for Local Government

Water Utility Network Editing | ArcGIS for Utilities

Capital Improvement Planning | ArcGIS for Utilities

However, if you are a developer and you are looking to use the July Release as a base for further development and customization then you can access the add-ins on GitHub here: Release July2015Release · Esri/local-government-desktop-addins · GitHub   (the is just the source code and the add-ins are not compiled).

Also, if you are interested in the changes to the Attribute Assistant then, check out the "What's New" documentation Attribute Assistant | ArcGIS Solutions

-Lindsay

AlisonGaiser1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Lindsay. I was looking for the un-compiled source code. Due to our data storage format we have had to change the code base.

A special thank you for the link to the What's New doc. (Just FYI, I searched for "attribute assistant" in resources.arcgis.com and support.esri.com and this link did not show up. There seems to be so many different places to look these days!)

Thanks!

0 Kudos