COGO Traverse tool issues

06-10-2015 01:10 PM
Labels (1)
BradleyFarley1
New Contributor

Hi all,

I am using trying to use the cogo traverse tool to draw a tangent curve off a plat map but when I enter the chord and radius and turn direction it does not allow it to be added. I can add if I do simple distance and direction, however the add button is grayed out when I try to use the tangent curve option. The direction units and direction type I have already checked to see. This was working last week, and now it is not. Any help is appreciated.

Bradley

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Are you able to provide a screenshot of the traverse window?

0 Kudos
BradleyFarley1
New Contributor

Traverse_Issues.JPG

Thanks for the reply, This is the traverse window, the mapper who was doing this last week said she was able to add the numbers, but we tried yesterday and it would not let her add it in. The next image is it showing that we can add a distance direction since the add button is not grayed out on it.

distance_direction.JPG

0 Kudos
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Regarding the issue with Tangent curves, I agree with Frank's answer below. The tangent line used is the previous line in the traverse window, so you will need a line above it.

When using the COGO toolbar:

Adding a segment to a traverse using a Tangent Curve course—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

When editing a Parcel Fabric:

Tangent Curve—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

Regarding your second screenshot, where you are unable to add a traverse, the reason could be because you did not specify the correct direction units. The direction is based on the current direction type and direction units for the editing environment. Editor > Options... > Units tab > check that the Direction Type and Direction Units match the survey.

BradleyFarley1
New Contributor

Just want to say thanks for all the help!

0 Kudos