Configure the Land Use Public Notification to accept 0' buffer distance

06-10-2015 02:39 PM
ScottKiley
Occasional Contributor II

Is it possible to configure the Land Use Public Notification application to accept a buffer of 0 feet. My goal is to simple select a set of parcels with the "Add adjacent parcels" option and only make labels from that selection set.

0 Kudos
26 Replies
ScottKiley

Scott Oppmann​ I attended the luncheon at the Uc and this discussion came up in regards to drawing a sketch to select parcels. I agree that that becomes a little arc map like, but you hinted at being able to achieve that through simple ctrl selection. How do you do that without entering a buffer distance?

0 Kudos
LindsayThomas
Esri Contributor

Hi Scott,

You can try using our "Try It Live application here: Public Notification"  to select individual parcels without a buffer. Thus only selecting parcels not buffering them.

To select individual parcels:

Click on the parcel you want to select

Click the +Add adjacent parcel button

Press Ctrl+Map click to select the next parcel (etc, until all parcels are selected)

Click on any selected parcel (all parcels are still selected)

Click on the evelope icon at the top of the popup

Enter 0 as the buffer

Select other parameter options you desire

Click Download

This will give you only the parcels selected.

Please let us know if this satisfies your requirements

Cheers,

Lindsay

(Thanks for coming out to the SIG at UC)

ScottKiley

Yes Lindsay, the behavior you describe and are able to do on your try it live site is what I'm want to do. I just downloaded the most recent Land Use Public Notification package from the Local Government Solutions page and configured ti for my maps and services. I am still getting the error "Parcel not found at current location," when entering a 0' buffer radius. It works as erected when entering any number larger than 0. (http://gis.msa-ps.com/publicnotificationoakgrovenew/)

0 Kudos
LindsayThomas
Esri Contributor

Hi Scott, Thanks for providing the URL. It should work on your application too.

Just a few follow up questions. I see the application was configured using your schema which should work.

-Were there any customization's to the code? (if yes, can you outline the changes)

-Were there any customization's to the geoprocessing tools? (if yes, can you outline the changes)

-What version of ArcGIS Server are you using for the GP and Geometry Services?

-Can you provide an example of a community I can search for ?

Lindsay

0 Kudos
ScottKiley

Hi Lindsay,

1)     We only made changes to the config.js file. In pretty much all 14 places noted in the comments at the

beginning of the file.

2)     No changes were made to the GP tools

3)     The GP and Geometry services are coming from ArcGIS Server 10.3.1

Utilities/Geometry (GeometryServer)

Task: GenerateAveryLabels

Task: GenerateCSVMailingList

Though the parcel layer resides in Oak Grove AGOL Org (I wonder if this is the problem)

https://services6.arcgis.com/f79xZ44vfYtaG5qt/arcgis/rest/services/OakGroveMN_GIS/FeatureServer/5

4)     I'm not sure exactly what you mean by a community to search for. You can use the City Hall address

(19900 NIGHTINGALE ST NW) or search for properties owed by the city (Oak Grove) since you can search

by owner name. You can also select properties by entering any street name on the map or by clicking on

the map.

0 Kudos
LindsayThomas
Esri Contributor

Hi Scott,

When I try 0 buffer with Oak Grove I am now getting results. Were you able to resolve this?

-Lindsay

0 Kudos
ScottKiley

No, I'm still getting the "Parcel not found at current location" error message.

It's interesting that it's working for you. Are you using the app I configured or one you built with my services?

0 Kudos
ScottKiley
0 Kudos
LindsayThomas
Esri Contributor

Hi Scott,

I should be more specific. when I search Oak Grove I am getting results. I am not getting results for the parcels with 0.

The layer being from somewhere else (other server) shouldn't matter.

Is there anything special about the parcel data?

-Lindsay

0 Kudos