Geoprocessing Tool - Select By Attributes

06-18-2015 02:51 AM
OmolaraKareem
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I would like to reproduce the Select By Attributes tool below (found in ArcMap) as a geoprocessing tool, with identical or similar interface. I am not a developer, so what I am looking for is someone to provide for me an already written script or the geoprocessing tool itself or someone to write it for me now. I know this is a tall order, I am however hoping someone has has already written and executed such a tool and is willing to share.

I look forward to a speedy and favourable response.

Best regards,

Lara

​NOTE: Can anyone help me with this problem? From the fourth bubble down. I will really appreciate it.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Similar but looks different...no charge...

Select by attributes

and a freebee

Select by Location

Main link and other possibilities are here

OmolaraKareem
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Dan, you are a life saver. Exactly what I was looking for!

Lara

0 Kudos
OmolaraKareem
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dan,

I'm back!!! I've got a follow-up question/problem for you. I hope you can help.

What I have done is to;

1) run the Select Layer By Attribute tool in ArcToolBox. (notice the sql query builder)

2) Share the result as a Geoprocessing Service. (Service created successfully)

3) Geoprocessing Service interface. (note missing sql query builder).

My question now is, how do I get the sql query builder included in the geoprocessing service?

I am waiting with bated breath for your response.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Ooooo.... If don't do webby stuff, so I am only guessing.  First I would expand the help for the tool and check what is listed there.  I don't know if there is a difference in the actual ArcToolbox tool or one that is used in a service and secondly, even though the 'expression' section says optional...obviously it is not.  I don't know how you set a default for it or even if you can, so perhaps expanding the help prior to sharing will guide people's eyes over to that section.

0 Kudos
OmolaraKareem
Occasional Contributor

Unfortunately that doesn't solve the problem, but I truly appreciate your help Dan. I will continue digging.

Many thanks,

Lara

0 Kudos