Will eSearch 3.0 time out on a WMS?

Jump to solution
06-24-2015 11:10 AM
AndrewEdmonds
New Contributor III

Hey all, I am using Robert Scheitlin's eSearch widget (version 3.0), which is hanging (or maybe timing out?) on a single WMS.  I hope there is an obvious solution.

Here's the WMS I am querying: http://services.nconemap.gov/arcgis/rest/services/NC1Map_Parcels/MapServer/2

It contains parcel boundaries for all 100 counties in the State of North Carolina.  The last time I know my widget was working was when the service had 25 counties' worth of data.

I have no issue running a query against the WMS from the query URL, although it takes about 45 seconds.

http://services.nconemap.gov/arcgis/rest/services/NC1Map_Parcels/MapServer/2/query

CNTYNAME LIKE 'Wake' AND SITEADD LIKE '109 E%'

Within my Flex Viewer, however, the widget hangs.

That service does have a parcel centroids point layer with all the same attributes.  I can run the same query against this (layer 1) and return values in half the time.  The eSearch widget still hangs, though, when querying this point layer.

Is there a built-in time limit for the eSearch widget?  Is there anything else I am missing?

Thanks in advance.

--ASE.

PS My code is attached.  It looked wacky when I tried to embed it.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Andrew,

The map service itself seems to be very sporadic... Right now the rest end point for the service will not even come up.. This may be the main issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Andrew,

What I am finding is that you have the wrong field name for two of your fields you are attempting to return.

<field name="SUBDIVISIONC"  alias="Subdivision"  gridfield="true" />

should be:

<field name="SUBDIVISIO"  alias="Subdivision"  gridfield="true" />

and

<field name="SOURCEAGENTC"  alias="Data source"  gridfield="true" />

should be:

<field name="SOURCEAGNT"  alias="Data source"  gridfield="true" />

0 Kudos
AndrewEdmonds
New Contributor III

Thanks for finding those spelling mistakes, Robert.

I've set <fields all="true"> and commented out the fields names, but am still experiencing the same issue.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Andrew,

The map service itself seems to be very sporadic... Right now the rest end point for the service will not even come up.. This may be the main issue.

0 Kudos
AndrewEdmonds
New Contributor III

Thanks for confirming that, Robert.  I don't know much about WMS management.  How do I go about encouraging NC One Map to improve the reliability of their service?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Andrew,

have them check their ArcGIS Server logs and see how often the service is failing.

0 Kudos
AndrewEdmonds
New Contributor III

The real correct answer is that NC One Map switched over their service URLs several weeks ago from DOT com to DOT gov.

So, the WMS layer I was pointing at is http://services.nconemap.gov/arcgis/rest/services/NC1Map_Parcels/MapServer/1

Works well now!  Thanks to David Giordano at NC One Map for helping me sort this out.

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Andrew,

Great news. Glad you got it worked out.

0 Kudos