missing a tool

Jump to solution
06-25-2015 04:42 PM
ChrisOverland
New Contributor II

Hello, when I right click on my ArcMAP tool bar and attempt to locate any parcel tools, nothing is there.  Is there a way I can add under that circumstance?  Thanks, Chris

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisOverland
New Contributor II

I received a telephone call from Eldafira Samsir, in Esri Tech Support.  She was wonderful.  So helpful.  I'm picking up on the community vibe here too and cannot thank you all enough for your thoughtful replies.  Thanks so much.  Take care and have a great day - all of you... 🙂

View solution in original post

17 Replies
SepheFox
Frequent Contributor

Have you looked under Customize-->Toolbars and checked the box next to parcel editor? Also, you should find a Parcel Fabric toolset in ArcToolbox.

SepheFox
Frequent Contributor

By the way, what version of ArcMap are you using? I see the parcel editor toolbar option when I right click in the toolbar also. Are you using Basic? It's only available for the higher license levels: ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)

ChrisOverland
New Contributor II

Hi Sephe, I have looked under Customize/Toolbars and it's not there.  Nothing indicating 'parcel' is there.  There IS a box checked 'Editor' but nothing related to Parcel.  I'm using version 9.2 build 1324.  Do not see any Parcel Fabric in my ArcToolbox either.

To now, this version has worked pretty well for what I needed.  Our county provides shapefiles that we download which includes a shapefile boundary for our district and from that, we can extract and clip an assessment roll.  The reason I started looking for something extra and/or perhaps some help is that we have reason to want to carve out small areas to build resident notification lists from, so if I could mouseover a small section on my screen (that may comprise a 1/2 mile square) and build a shapefile from that, it would capture the parcel numbers within that 1/2 mile square and we wouldn't ever miss anyone on our mailing list as has happened in the past when area weed treatments were done.  I had hoped that my old v9.2 might do something like that.

0 Kudos
SepheFox
Frequent Contributor

Did you look and see if the Cadastral Editor is there? As Jayanta mentioned, this is what parcel editor was called before version10.

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Cadastral Editor was a part of ArcGIS Survey Analyst. I doubt if Chris has a license for the same.

Chris: If you are planning for an upgrade, it should be at least ArcGIS for Desktop Standard to avail Parcel Editor.

Think Location
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Chris,

Parcel editor is available with ArcGIS ver.10 and above. Formerly it was known as Cadastral Editor. Although, its licensing is available with Desktop Standard and Advanced, the toolbar should be visible on complete installation of ArcGIS Desktop. Meanwhile you can check the Toolbar>Customize option, as suggested by Sephe Fox​.

Think Location
ChrisOverland
New Contributor II

Thanks Jayanta - appreciate the response.  Hopefully for what I'm trying to do, I won't have to pay for an upgrade.  Our office uses the software in a pretty limited way as compared to many of you.

0 Kudos
NICOLAPEDDIS
Occasional Contributor II

Chris, you do not have to buy the upgrade to arcgis v10.2. You can easly try for 60 days the new release 10.3 or the upgrade 10.3.1, and the new arcgis of couse contains all the new tools to work with parcels.

ChrisOverland
New Contributor II

Thanks Nicola,

Having read my response to Sephe, what version would you recommend?  Would 'Basic' serve my needs?

Chris

0 Kudos