Adding a Leader Line to a Marker Text Symbol

06-26-2015 12:13 PM
HaleyRoe
New Contributor II

Hello.  Is there a way in 10.3 to add a leader to a marker text symbol?  I have read through several help posts in both this forum and the old and none of them offered a solution that would result in a marker text symbol with a leader line, but all were for earlier versions of ArcGIS desktop, so asking again.  

Examples of the marker are in the image below.  I would like a leader extending from the marker text to its associated symbol. Using "add leader" in the annotation editor did not work, creating a new feature in an annotation feature class with the leader type selected did not work, and creating a simple leader then attempting to switch out the text with a marker symbol did not work (though, please feel free to reply with steps to any of these solutions if you think user error could have played a part ).

Anno_HelpMe.bmp

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

-Haley

0 Kudos
1 Reply
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Please note that the GeoNet Help​ space is the for discussion about GeoNet itself, not specific applications. I've moved this to the Mapping space, but feel free to move it to a more appropriate space.