Configure layout on Popup window in Portal for ArcGIS

06-30-2015 01:03 AM
LiviaMoen
New Contributor

Hello.

sorry my poor English!  I try to explain my question:

We are using ArcGIS Server 10.3 and Portal for ArcGIS 10.3 in company intern, local sever installation due to security reason.

We have configured some map services, where popup windows showing detail information about some geo-object. The presentation is configured on the Portal "configure popup windows" menu, costum configuration. As we need to show text and figures in the SAME rows, I can't right-adjust only the figures The result layout is not so fancy, se attachment.

Is there some "workaround" to solve this?

Many thanks for any creativ input!

/Livia Moen

0 Kudos
6 Replies
StanMcShinsky
Occasional Contributor III

Livia,

Are you setting up this popup in Portal or in a javascript api custom map? When you set this up using a custom attribute display you can customize the popup but the spacing will have to be done manually because the RichText box does not allow for adding html code to right and left justify the text. If you are trying to do something custom then in the javascript code you could try something like this

<div align="center">your left text</div><div align="center">your right text</div>

Hope this helps

-Stan

0 Kudos
LiviaMoen
New Contributor

Hi Stan,

thanks for your answer!

I suspected that the Rich Text Editor has these limitations...

Can I "mixt" using map configuration in Portal and java API?

thanks!

/Livia

0 Kudos
StanMcShinsky

Livia,

I do not know what "mixt" is.

-Stan

0 Kudos
MattMcGuire
Occasional Contributor

When I had a challenging pop-up formatting issue. I solved by building the HTML for how I wanted my popup to look entirely into a large text field. Then I set the popup contents to the field containing the HTML using  "description from one field".   The format looks just like I want it to. However, it does require some preprocessing to build the html in the field.

StanMcShinsky

Matt McGuire​ and Livia Moen​,

I took another look at this and found you the little html button on the rich text editor i missed. Thanks Matt for pointing me in that direction.

Here are two styles of getting your text on the left to align left and your text on the right to align right.

This one is the easiest to set up in the html but looks a little funny in the preview part of configuring the popup.

<div style="float: left">Text on the left.</div>  <div style="float: right">Text on the right.</div>
<div style="float: left">left text</div>  <div style="float: right">Right Side</div>

This one is done in a table. The way I have it below makes it so the column on the right all aligns on the right side of the popup. If you want to take the column on the right and align the text on the left side just change the words from left to right.

<table width="100%">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td align="left">Left aligned text</td>
<td align="right">Right aligned text</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="right">right side</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="right">more to one side</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="right">short text</td>
</tr>
</tbody></table>

-Stan

LiviaMoen
New Contributor

Hello Matt and Stan,

thanks for ideas to resolve my layout - problem.

Unfortunatelly, I can't find this mini html button on the rich text editor. I've only tools like you have in the first row on you screen dump in Costume Attribute Display mode. Did you install som patch to the Portal for ArcGIS version 10.3? I'm using version 10.3, installed in Aprl 2015

What do you mean with "I took another look at this ", did you change some configuration parameter or something else?

Thanks  for your ideas !

/Livia

0 Kudos