UC Agenda / Planner

06-30-2015 10:36 AM
TracyGarrison
New Contributor III

I have been waiting for a long time for the agenda / planner to become available.  Today I noticed that it is out there now and showing up on the mobile app as well. 

I have to tell you that this version is VERY CONFUSING and very SLOW!  It is not very intuitive.  For instance you have to click on the star near the top of the page to schedule that to your planner.  But it takes so long for it to actually select it that you wonder if it is working or not.

You have to scroll through the list of classes in the left hand pane that is only a couple inches wide.  When you select a class to look at it shows the details for that workshop in the right hand pane.  Takes a while for it to show up.

I would rather just have the old PDF versions like back in the late 90's early 2000 etc.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TracyGarrison
New Contributor III

I do like the mobile app on the iphone, that displays the Items I have selected in the Planner app I am using on my PC.  It is the PC Planner that is very hard to work with.

After you select an agenda Item it resets the position in the left pane back to the beginning so you will need to re-scroll to the point you were previously at  when you proceed to find your next choice.  Look for the purple shaded item (your last selection) so you don't have to read through them all again.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I found the browser version reset to the top of the page, but the iOS app stayed in place.  Once I clicked on a day, I let it fully load (which took a minute) before looking thru the agenda.  Time of day and network speed did seem to play some roll in how fast this loaded.

Check out the Filter (and search on the app) options for narrowing down the list on the agenda for selecting.

There are a few other hints users have provided in similar threads, including using the mouse scroll but to open in a new tab (I haven't tried this).

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Agenda App update    July 14

Esri Blog post....and I added some initial suggestions for use (from a user perspective)

0 Kudos
KarenRichardson
Occasional Contributor III

You have had a lot of questions about the Esri Events Mobile and Web Apps, so we put together this FAQ for you. You can find a pdf of this FAQ here. For more information on the agenda, and where to download the app, go here

Do you have a question that we haven't answered? Please let us know by commenting. We will be answering questions before and during the conference.

0 Kudos