Arc Scene export to 3d web scene creating additional unwanted polygon content

07-01-2015 03:00 PM
BobNichols
New Contributor III

I have been putting together a 3D basemap for our campus, Washington State University, and have been trying to share my model using the export to 3d web scene arcToolbox tool.  For the most part is has worked pretty well except for my StreetPavement feature class (polygon).  For some reason, blank spaces in between polygons are getting filled.  In other words, the areas that would be filled by my LandscapeArea polygon class are being filled with gray polygons.  I have attached a screenshot to help illustrate.  If I turn off the StreetPavement layer in the web scene viewer it looks fine.  The strange this is that the LandscapeArea class doesn't experience this same phenomenon.  I have tried about twenty different things to the StreetPavement class, but always end up with the same result.  For example

• Merging all of the LandscapeArea class, then performing a clip on the StreetPavement
  • Creating a new featureclass, then coping the features from the StreetPavement into it.
  • Creating a raster layer from the StreetPavement class then displaying it in the model.  (This sort of works but doesn't look that great)

I have even gone so far as to copy the features within the StreetPavement class and copying them into the LandscapeArea class.  The result ends up looking the same.  So I know the issue has to do something with the polygons in the StreetPavement class, but I have no idea what it is or what else to try.

Dark gray area filling in between polygons in the StreetPavement Class.

StreetPavementOn.jpgStreetPavementOff.jpgWSU3dbasemapSmall.jpgEverything looks like it is supposed to in ArcScene.

Thanks in advance for any help,

~Bob

0 Kudos
0 Replies