Unattended install of CityEngine

07-03-2015 08:27 AM
DaveGrillo
New Contributor

I found some basic intructions on how to install CityEngine silently, however I still need more info.

We want to be able to install CityEngine using an application called TEM (aka. BigFix). I have been able to do so with ArcGIS 10.3 so I assumed that the parameters would be the same.

Here is what I am doing for ArcGIS:

msiexec /i <setup location>\setup.msi ADDLOCAL=ArcMap,ArcCatalog,Python,GeoStatisticalAnalyst,SpatialAnalyst ESRI_LICENSE_HOST=SERVER_NAME SOFTWARE_CLASS=Viewer SEAT_PREFERENCE=Float INSTALLDIR1=C:\python DESKTOP_CONFIG=TRUE /qb

Following those same guidlines, here is what I have for CityEngine:

msiexec /i <setup location>\setup.msi ESRI_LICENSE_HOST=server_name SEAT_PREFERENCE=Float /qb

City engine does install when I pass this command line. However, upon launch I am given a message saying that I need to run the CityEngine administrator and set my license. I need to be able to pass these parameters so that I can push the install out to my labs and not need to have someone go and touch each machine.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JosephJordan5
New Contributor

Two years and no replies.

I am trying to do the exact same thing and I can not find ANYTHING on setting the lic server when installing city engine so I do not have to touch 50-60 machines.

0 Kudos
SimonHaegler
Esri Contributor

dave, joseph,

please accept our apologies for the late reply on this. i just confirmed with the installation team and unfortunately silent authorization (= running the license administrator utility) is not implemented for windows yet (it is available on linux). i've logged a feature request for CityEngine 2018.0.

sorry about the mixed news & kind regards,

simon

0 Kudos