CityEngine#Facade Wizard

07-20-2015 05:10 PM
AidaAfrooz
New Contributor III

Hello,

I want to use Facade Wizard to create a facade in CityEngine. But instead of the .jpg I can only see a black rectangular in the Facade Wizard Window. I can still do the changes (i.e. split,..) and can see the changes in the related .cga.

I reopened the CE but again I cannot open the .jpg properly.

Does anyone has any suggestions?

p.s. I attached the screen shot.

Thank you!!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kirsi-MariaViljanen
New Contributor

I have the same problem! Crop image don`t work either!

Kirsi

0 Kudos
YuriPotawsky
Esri Contributor

Hi Aida,

One of the first things I noticed from the screenshot that you provided is the low number associated with free Java memory which is located in the lower right corner of the CityEngine GUI. It appears as if there is only 841MB of free Java memory for the application to consume. This, coupled with RAM consumption, can cause graphics related issues. Do you experience this issue with other .JPG's that you are using as facade textures? Do you experience the same issue as Kirsi with regard to the 'Crop Image' tool? I also wanted to inquire about the region width you are setting when you create the new facade from the image in question. Has the .JPG been imported into the current CityEngine Workspace and if you utilize the navigator pane to display the image do you experience the same rendering behavior?

Thanks,

Yuri

0 Kudos
AidaAfrooz
New Contributor III

Hello Yuri,

Thank you for your reply. I don't have any problem with cropping images as Kirsi has but may have issues related to either RAM or graphic card. I had experienced other issues related to graphic card and Nvidia before but seems to be resolved ( RAM is 16GB).

yes, i experience this issue with any other images i have as the facade textures.

I usually keep the region as default (i.e. 30) but I have changed it to both less and more width but there was not any changes.

There is no problem in displaying the image in the navigator pane.I have imported the image to the workspace and it displays the image properly there.  

0 Kudos