Crime Index 2005-2014 US National Data

07-27-2015 10:48 AM
Labels (1)
JaredRutledge
New Contributor

Greetings All,

I work for a local county that has a fairly robust contract with ESRI for products and services. Often times I am able to pull down data from the ArcGIS tool into my desktop version of ArcMap.

I have been trying to add the Crime Index layer to my desktop version for several days now. The steps I have take are as follows:

1. Tool bar -> Add Data -> Add Data from ArcGIS Online then click on the add 2014 USA Crime Index Layer: Result...Nothing

2. Tool bar -> Add Data -> Add Data from ArcGIS Online then click on the details then click the add data link from there: Result...Nothing

3. Login to ESRI Online, create a map, Add, Search for layers, Crime Index, item details, drop down arrow on open, open in arcgis desktop, downloaded layer, load the layer into Arcmap, the layer is grayed out with an exclamation mark.

What am I doing wrong? Any assistance would be appreciate. All the other layers are fairly easy to import in this fashion either to ESRI online or Desktop. This specific layer seems to be giving me issues.

0 Kudos
0 Replies