Publishing a Service

07-29-2015 07:21 AM
chadh
by
New Contributor

I am suddenly having some issues publishing a service using ArcGIS for Server 10.3. About 3 to 4 months ago I was able to simply create a service and save a service definition and then publish that definition using ArcGIS Server Manager. Now it just "hangs" and never completes he publishing? Anyone have ideas on why its doing this.

I have also tried just publishing services directly through ArcMap 10.3 but that is not working either. I get the following error (see attachment). I also attached a screen capture of the GP results.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AmandaOpp
New Contributor III

I don't know if this information will help you but I ran into this same problem using 10.2.2.  What I discovered is that the problem had to do with my MXD.  I was using an MXD that I created before our update and then I tried using it with the new version and that error kept popping up.  Try opening a new MXD and publishing from it and see if your error persists.

0 Kudos
chadh
by
New Contributor

I have tried using multiple new MXD's even have used different computers with different versions, still doesn't solve the problem. I am thinking it has to be something with ArcGIS for Server itself

0 Kudos
AmandaOpp
New Contributor III

I was hoping that would be a quick fix.  There is further discussion about this error here.  Maybe that will help.

Error: “Packaging succeeded, but publishing failed”,

0 Kudos
chadh
by
New Contributor

This did not help either

0 Kudos
AmandaOpp
New Contributor III

Ok, Here is one more that talks about your specific error.  Hope it helps.

Unable to connect to publishing tools service

0 Kudos
YueWu1
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Make sure that there is no script running behind that might lock on the network dataset.

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hi Chad,

Check if the publishing service is started in ArcGIS Server Manager. If a web adaptor is configured with ArcGIS Server site, try connecting to the Server using the the following URL

http://<FullMachineName>/<WebAdaptorName>

Also make sure you connect to server as Administrator/Publisher.

Think Location