Local Projections setting in Open Data not working.

07-30-2015 07:37 AM
RommelReyes
New Contributor

Hi, working on our open data site and enabled the local projections setting in order to export our data in stateplane nad83.  Unfortunately, the data still exports in WGS84.  Is there a fix to this?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DanielFenton1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Rommel, can you please share your site and a dataset that is not working as expected?

0 Kudos
RommelReyes
New Contributor

Hi, no problem, here is the link: http://chulavista.cvgis.opendata.arcgis.com/. All the data here is set to stateplane nad83. A little background about the site, it was originally created prior to the update. Using the upgrade button, I updated the site to the latest version and then enabled the local projections setting listed in the Capabilities tab. Unfortunately when testing, the exported shapefile is still set to WGS84.

0 Kudos
ChristopherBoland
Occasional Contributor

Hey Rommel,

Have you tried to refresh that cached download of the data before trying to download in the local projection? This option is available on the data reports tab on an individual dataset basis.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos
DanielFenton1

Thanks for the suggestion Chris, but that actually won't fix it.

Rommel,

I've identified the bug and will have a fix soon. In the meantime, please disable projections on your site. As this is a beta feature, we expected to run into a few bugs. I'll notify you as soon as a fix is in place.

Daniel

0 Kudos
RommelReyes
New Contributor

Hi, yes tried that a couple of times and unfortunately no luck.

0 Kudos
DanielFenton1

We just released a fix to the bug that I believe was causing this issue. If you want to try turning on local projections again you can verify that we fixed it.

0 Kudos
AparnaBokey
New Contributor III

Daniel - I had enabled the 'download in local projection' option in the capabilities section and noticed that the shapefiles being downloaded were empty. On disabling the local projection option the shapefile download worked perfectly. However the metadata.xml file was missing from both the downloads. I had seen the downloads working fine with the local projections and the metadata file being included when I tested this functionality late last month. We are getting ready to advertise our Open Data site to our public user community and having the download in local projection functionality stable would be most desirable.

0 Kudos