Downloading maps for offline editing

08-11-2015 08:19 AM
KevinDunkin1
New Contributor III

I have a my map enabled for offline use and am currently in the process of creating a aerial tpkl to be sideloaded into an ipad for a basemap. While the tpk is being created I am testing the general functionality of offline editing in collector and am receiving an error approximately mid way through the download. I am currently using an ESRI basemap from AGOL. In an attempt to find a consistent error pattern it seems no matter the "work area" or "map detail" an error occurs. I originally received "the request has timed out" however now I receive "Error performing submit job operation for Export Tiles on Export Cache".

This seems like a basemap error/issue does one think it will persist with my own tpk?

Do I have to select a work area and map detail when using my tpk? Field editors will need the entire aerial not just sections

0 Kudos
63 Replies
RossHoffmann
New Contributor II

I'm having this exact same problem; no matter what map I try to download for local editing using ArcGIS Collector (I've tried the iOS and Android versions), I get the "Error performing submit job operation for export tiles on export cache".

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Kevin and Ross,

Are either of your web maps publicly available? If so, please share the link or send in a private message.

What basemap are you trying to take offline? Is it a default basemap or a custom tiled basemap created in ArcGIS Online?

I would also recommend contacting Esri Support Services to look into this specific issue.

Thanks,

Kelly

0 Kudos
KevinDunkin1
New Contributor III

The basemap is a default ESRI AGOL, I plan on side loading a tpk locally onto my device. My concern is will this persist with the tpk and must I pick a work area and map detail when using my own tpk? Or can the entire tpk be accessed once the web map downloads and the basemap loaded?

UPDATE: I am no longer getting the "Error performing..." error and I have not changed anything, but the time out still persists after only almost one minute, so offline use still is not being tested at this point. Again I have not changed anything in the map, on the device or network/wifi

0 Kudos
RossHoffmann
New Contributor II

I cannot make my maps public because of my organization's privacy requirements.

I have started a case with ESRI and they're researching it right now. It's ESRI Case #01671890.

0 Kudos
Mevs604
New Contributor II

I too am receiving this error when trying to download a new basemap for offline use. I am using the Topographic map from AGOL and get the message "Error performing submit job operation for Export Tiles on Export Cache" after a short while. Everything has been working correctly with this map until today.

Note that I am able to successfully download the data when selecting a custom basemap from a sideloaded TPK rather than the topo basemap from AGOL.

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

There was a performance issue with the tiled basemaps which may have been causing the issue that you experienced. The issue has been resolved. http://status.arcgis.com/

Please retest the workflow and let us know if you are still experiencing issues.

0 Kudos
MarkusJackenkroll
New Contributor

Hey Kelly,

we noticed the same behavior (Andoid, Collector 10.3.1). The message still appears, no download is possible.

Thanks for supporting,

Markus

0 Kudos
BledarBirbo
New Contributor III

Hi Kelly.

It seems that the problem is not resolved.

I am getting the same error right now.

We have users in the field at the moment waiting for this issue to be fixed.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
KevinDunkin1
New Contributor III

I am using a sideloaded tpk this is something you might consider, the downloads are fast and there is no need to select <1Gb of data for your working area and map detail.

Plus you avoid errors/downtime like this!

Best

Kevin

0 Kudos