Opening Raster File

Jump to solution
08-12-2015 09:06 PM
Bhargav_KumarK
New Contributor

I have elevation data in DTED (*.dt1) format. In what way I can open this file in Arc GIS Runtime  Qt SDK? I am able to open this file in Arc Map, In what format I should convert this data in Arc Map, such that I can use this in Runtime SDK.

Thanks,

Bhargav

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

You have a few options at this point.

1) Use Local Server and C++. There is a Raster local server sample in the C++ Sample Viewer that shows how to do this. It looks like dted is a supported raster format for local server - Local Server raster support—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Java | ArcGIS for Developers

2) Publish your raster data as image services and consume with the image service layer.

3) Convert your raster to TPK in ArcMap. Then consume the tile package in either your QML or C++ app.

Note - With the release of the next generation of Runtime SDKs, we will be getting support for native reading of raster files, which will not require local server. This will be your eventual solution that you should use for reading local raster files. This will first come in Beta 2 of the Quartz Release, which for Qt, will be around Q1 of 2016.

Thanks,

Luke

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
LucasDanzinger

You have a few options at this point.

1) Use Local Server and C++. There is a Raster local server sample in the C++ Sample Viewer that shows how to do this. It looks like dted is a supported raster format for local server - Local Server raster support—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Java | ArcGIS for Developers

2) Publish your raster data as image services and consume with the image service layer.

3) Convert your raster to TPK in ArcMap. Then consume the tile package in either your QML or C++ app.

Note - With the release of the next generation of Runtime SDKs, we will be getting support for native reading of raster files, which will not require local server. This will be your eventual solution that you should use for reading local raster files. This will first come in Beta 2 of the Quartz Release, which for Qt, will be around Q1 of 2016.

Thanks,

Luke

0 Kudos
Bhargav_KumarK
New Contributor

2) I don't have Arc Server for publishing image services, how image services can be created using local server like mpk used for creating mpk services.

3) Raster can be converted to tpk and I am able to display in map, but I need to use this layer for Line of Sight Analysis, how this can be achieved?

0 Kudos
LucasDanzinger

Image Services require ArcGIS Server, so that won't be an option for you.

Once you convert to TPK, it will just be tiles that don't necessarily remember specific information or values in your original raster data, so you won't be running analysis against this.

If any of the Spatial Analyst tools in ArcMap suit your need, you can create your own GPK and use local server to execute the GPK in your Runtime App. Here is a list of supported GP tools in Runtime Local Server geoprocessing tools support—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt | ArcGIS for Developers

Like I said, our Quartz release will have native capabilities to read raster files, which will not require local server. Quartz release will also have some new spatial analysis tools built directly into the API, and line of sight is one of them. This will also not require local server and will run completely client side. This will ideally be the workflow you use once it is released, but for now, you can consider displaying rasters through local server and running your analysis with a GPK through local server.

Thanks,

Luke

0 Kudos
Bhargav_KumarK
New Contributor

I can create GPK which does line of sight analysis, when GPK is used in run time app I need to give elevation data as input to GPK. How to achieve this?

0 Kudos
LucasDanzinger

If you can find a way to create a GPK that takes in a point, and from that point, you extract the elevation from a raster, then this is the route you should take. Otherwise, the best thing will be to use the native line of sight analysis tool, which will be coming in an upcoming release.

Thanks,

Luke

0 Kudos