Importing .dae files from Skechtup into ArcGIS Pro

08-13-2015 07:06 AM
SergioDomenech_Zueco
New Contributor III

Hi to everyone,

I am doing a 3D map in ArcGIS Pro and I am trying to use a .dae model to represent a big flag in 3D.

I founded two models in Skecthup: one from a building in Santiago and another from the flag. In both cases, I exported the .skp archives in to .dae formats from Skechup, but when I create my multipatch feature for the flag and apply the .dae model, the textures of the flag does not apply. I did the same steps for the building, and it runs! Any suggestion why it does not working for the flag? Thanks in advance!

I attach an image: the flag model in Skecthup and the ArcGIS Pro 3D view with the building and the big flag (with no textures).

I have tried to import the .dae model in to CityEngine but the same thing happens.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DeepinderDeol
New Contributor III

Hi Sergio,

Although I am not sure, the issue you are seeing might be because the textures for the DAE are missing. When you created the DAE, were there some other files (jpg/png etc.) also created along with the .dae?

You could look at the DAE itself and look for the following node in there - this might give an idea about the missing file.

<library_images>

<image id="ID2731">

<init_from>folderName/textureName.jpg</init_from>

</image>

</library_images>

If the above is the issue then the fix could be simply putting the missing file in the correct location.

Thanks.

0 Kudos