Working in ERDAS

08-17-2015 02:52 PM
Kofi_Lartey
New Contributor III

I clipped some rasters in arcmap 10.1 and wanted to continue working with it in erdas 2010 but its not working, how do i get over this please

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Are you using this?  Overview  if so, then they may have support for their product

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hi Kofi,

Try saving the output clip image in .img or .tif format.

Think Location
Kofi_Lartey
New Contributor III

They were in .img format. Interestingly when i opened in erdas 2013 it opened and i have started work on them. But i am still wondering why it will not open in 2010 as i even used the import tool to change the format in 2010. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

​You should report the issue to both software companies

0 Kudos
Kofi_Lartey
New Contributor III

Thanks Dan, will try.

Finally what i did was to open the output in arcmap and export them in Tiff format before i could open them in ERDAS. Thanks

0 Kudos
Kofi_Lartey
New Contributor III

As a  follow up, i am trying to extract features from the clipped orthophotos in erdas using the imagine objective. I am working with the erdas 2013 version but dont seem to find the objective tool bar. I have tried various means but still not successful. How do i locate and activate the imagine objective in erdas imagine 2013.

0 Kudos
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

This second question is the type of question you should ask in a ERDAS forum not in GeoNet which is for ArcGIS related issues.