default configuration symbols

08-27-2015 07:06 AM
glennhazelton
Occasional Contributor III

Robert,

Two things--

i have just tryed to change the default configuration symbols. so replacing the binoculars with a dot, the red line with blue one, etc.

i can select what i wnat and click the OK to close the options box.. but when i click the OK to save the changes nothing happens.

if i click Cancel it closes the widget configuration but when i re-open it the new colors and symbols have not been saved.

also

i have a few layers that are symbolizing in the mxd and webmap based 'query feature class' aka 'database view'

the symbols look fine in the WAB but if I leave your selection options to use the 'from server' option, i get the binoculars instead of the symbology from the mapservice.

i will experiment by replacing the 'query layer with a featureclass that is joined to the table to see if that option will work.

0 Kudos
16 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Glenn,

You should probably have the name "eSearch" in your title or some where in your text (luckily I know what you are talking about).

I don't have any problem changing the default symbology configuration. So I am not sure what issue you are having. I don't work with database views, but if the rest end point has the symbology listed like the example below then you should not have any issue.

Example.jpg

0 Kudos
glennhazelton

hmm

i switch to a featureclass with a joined table.

maybe it is the complexity of the symbols.

other layers with simpler symbols work fine.

here is the rest file---2015-08-27_104547.png

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Glenn,

Can you zip up your config_Enhanced Search.json for me to look at?

0 Kudos
glennhazelton

yes

i'll send it via the email as i can't figure out how to do an attachment here.

also

i have been playing with the symbols.

i can change the poly and the line but not the binoculars.

i have tried a few of the other choices

i can change them but when i click the ok nothing happens.

0 Kudos
glennhazelton

Robert,

i ate lunch and then had a thought or two.

but no answers.

this is the only pt layer that is acting this way so it must have something to do with the symbology.

i'll go back to the mxd and try something simpler to see if it goes away.

meanwhile here is more confusing.

i have the operational layer option checked and the symbols in that are the ones in the server.--good

however as you can see from the screen shot the binoculars, show up in the query and on the map.

maybe it is because there is more than one symbol for this featureclass?

2015-08-27_121913.png

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Glenn,

To attach a file all you need to do is reply to the thread (not while in the in box, you need actually open the thread and then reply) then in the reply you will see the  "Use advanced editor" in the upper right corner click that and then you will see a little paperclip next to Attach in the lower right of the reply window.

glennhazelton

thanks

i have been using this for months and never saw the 'advanced edit features' in the upper right.

you should give a class on how to use the geonet

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Glenn, off subject but re a Geonet help....I actually went to see if I could find a simple doc explaining the use of the advanced tab, or just "replying to or participating in a discussion​" and couldn't....Timothy Hales​ correct me if I'm wrong.     But for future, check out Posting Code blocks in the new GeoNet​ which at least mentions the advanced tag use.  Main thing, as Robert mentioned, you need to be in the thread itself, and not in the geonet inbox.

...oh, and as Robert suggested, you should change the thread title to something that include search or something more descriptive ( but still keep it short)

0 Kudos
TimothyHales
Esri Notable Contributor

The only one I am aware of is this video - Replying to Discussions. Looks like I need to fill the gap with a document to not only cover the reply but using the advanced editor.