Trouble downloading data from AGOL

08-28-2015 09:03 AM
AlexBullen1
Occasional Contributor II

I am having trouble downloading my data from a recent Collector project. It is a point layer with picture attachments and about 1,800 points.

The data is contained in the "Inventory - Tree Inventory" feature layer.

Inventory1.png

There is no download button on the page for this layer.

Inventory2.png

How do I download the complete dataset to use in ArcMap?

0 Kudos
18 Replies
RonKnepper

Are you the owner/creator of this feature service?  If not the owner can do it or I believe there is a setting to allow others.  Also you can click the open button and it should give you an option to open in desktop but again if you are the owner.

0 Kudos
RonKnepper

Also I assumed you have exported before?  If not and this is the first export it might be a rights issue by your admin.  Our admin customizes everyones rights to ensure credits arent used by those who arent as familar

0 Kudos
AlexBullen1

I am the admin/owner/creator. I do have the option to open in desktop, but this doesn't pull in all the features. I've exported many other layers, just not sure why this one isn't giving me the option to do so.

0 Kudos
AlexBullen1

Bump for figuring out why this feature layer doesn't have a download option. Do I need to stop or somehow cancel the service its providing? None of my users have used it for weeks... we just want the data that we've collected.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Is it coming from an ArcGIS Server and not a hosted feature service? If it is an item that was created when you added an ArcGIS Server service to your AGOL content, that will not display any options to download/export the data through the item detail page.

Russ

AlexBullen1

Any way to find out? I'm not the original uploader of the service, but have since switched ownership over to my account. The original uploader doesn't have an account anymore.

RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Go to the service URL. if it is not a services.arcgis.com/arcgis/rest/services URL then it is probably coming from an ArcGIS Server.  If it is coming from a services.arcgis.com URL then it probably means you are not the original owner of the serivce and the service does not support export.

0 Kudos
AlexBullen1

The service URL is:

http://services2.arcgis.com/RQsC4DSkpr4c1bMs/arcgis/rest/services/Inventory/FeatureServer/0

Does this mean that I will be unable to export the data??

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

It is a hosted service. When you go to the service URL you should see a Service Item: unique ID section on the REST endpoint. Can you take that uniqueID and see if it matches the ID in the URL for the item page for the tree inventory item. If the Service Items IDs do not match then you will know you are not the owner of the service. You can switch out the IDs and go to that item detail page and see who the owner is if you have access to it.

0 Kudos