Authorization issues for ArcGIS 10.1

08-29-2015 10:35 AM
MelanieRunkel
New Contributor

I received the ArcGIS 10.1 for Desktop Advanced Student Edition CD for a class I'm taking this semester.  I tried to activate the authorization number printed with the disc, but it keeps telling me its invalid, but I just received it today.  I'm not able to move forward with the installation if I can't get this authorized.  Any suggestions?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Aare you getting any specific errors?  Seems there are a few others that have had similar questions like this.  This is the only one that I've seen  an answer

Error 7109 - ArcGIS Education trial Authorization   Which may not be your issue, but Stuart's advice is still pretty accurate.

V Stuart Foote has a blog Query shortcut to find all prior ArcGIS for Desktop Installation, Configuration posts   with a link  to help search for license issues.  That us his I found the link above.  You may want to look thru that list to see if anything can help you situation, if the above doesn't.

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hi Melanie,

Did you visit www.esri.com/StudentEdition to activate your license code prior installation. If not, then activate it first using your Esri Global account.

http://gis.mtu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Esri_Education_Edition_Install_10_1_details_2012.pdf

Think Location