ArcGIS Pro for Portal 10.3

Jump to solution
08-31-2015 03:06 PM
JohnPlunkett
Esri Contributor

Hello there,

I have a question around checking out licenses for ArcGIS Pro for Portal.

We have setup an instance where we have ArcGIS Pro using a Portal instance.

Everything is licensed as it should be and we have extended the license borrow on the license manager to 365 days.

However if we Authorize to take ArcGIS Pro offline it only allows us to have 31 days.

Have other people encountered this before and is it possible to change it from 31 days?

I do note that if you have an ArcGIS Pro License that is managed by an ArcGIS Online for Organizations account and you authorize to take ArcGIS Pro offline the license is checked out for the full license term.

Has anyone else experienced  this and if so did they manage to get this sorted.

Looking through the portaladmin there doesn't appear to be anything that allows us to change the dates.

Cheers

John P

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

John,

OK I checked with the licensing team and they said the following:

1.  Taking a Pro license offline is not the same thing as "borrowing" a license as shown in license server administrator.  You can only "borrow" a license in products that use concurrent licensing, such as ArcMap.

2.  31 days is the maximum amount of time that Pro can take a named user license offline from an on-premises portal.

Regards,

Jeremy W.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

John,

OK I checked with the licensing team and they said the following:

1.  Taking a Pro license offline is not the same thing as "borrowing" a license as shown in license server administrator.  You can only "borrow" a license in products that use concurrent licensing, such as ArcMap.

2.  31 days is the maximum amount of time that Pro can take a named user license offline from an on-premises portal.

Regards,

Jeremy W.