incident map

Jump to solution
09-01-2015 10:43 AM
Labels (1)
BrianLomas
Occasional Contributor III

I'm trying to configure the public safety incident map scripts (provided by ESRI download in the "Incident Mapping.thx") to work with our data. I'm trying to publish the information to a existing features service via the "Import and Publish Incidents" script but I need to create the correct config file first. My biggest questions is, what is the "AGS server connection"? It's looking for a file but I'm not sure what it is. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

I fired-up our server box and see in ArcCatalog, under "GIS Servers" a connection to "arcgis on FOOBAR001_6443 (admin)" - that should be the connection file.

Windows XP: %USERPROFILE%\Application Data\ESRI\Desktop10.x\ArcCatalog

Windows Server: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\ESRI\ArcCatalog

Windows 7: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\ESRI\Desktop10.x\ArcCatalog

This is where it should live. On my end, I see "arcgis on FOOBAR001_6443 (admin).ags" in the directory.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

Brian,

I believe this is the connection to ArcGIS Server - if it's looking for a file, maybe this will help:

http://resources.arcgis.com/EN/HELP/MAIN/10.1/index.html#//00s300000079000000

0 Kudos
BrianLomas

So, is this a file I need to create or is there one I can just point to?

0 Kudos
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

I fired-up our server box and see in ArcCatalog, under "GIS Servers" a connection to "arcgis on FOOBAR001_6443 (admin)" - that should be the connection file.

Windows XP: %USERPROFILE%\Application Data\ESRI\Desktop10.x\ArcCatalog

Windows Server: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\ESRI\ArcCatalog

Windows 7: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\ESRI\Desktop10.x\ArcCatalog

This is where it should live. On my end, I see "arcgis on FOOBAR001_6443 (admin).ags" in the directory.

0 Kudos
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

Brian,

Did this work out for you?

0 Kudos
BrianLomas

I think this will solve the issue but I haven't been able to try. It turns out I did not have the "GIS Server" connection that I needed in the first place. Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos