Error 500 on some computers, but not all when I try to open my web map application

09-09-2015 11:53 AM
PaulElliott3
New Contributor

Why on some computers that I try to load my web map application created using ArcGIS Viewer for Flex,  it states that the service(s) can't be found, but on other computers it works fine (same issues with both Internet Explorer and Google Chrome)

0 Kudos
11 Replies
VictorCoelho1
Esri Contributor

Hi Paul, all the machines are on the same network ? Are you able to open the Rest Endpoint urls on the machines that are having the problems ?

0 Kudos
PaulElliott3
New Contributor

Hello,

Thanks for the reply to my question…yes, it only appears on some computers and all the computers are on the same network domain…for example it works in my office, but not in any of my co-workers office…I just tried the boardroom and it doesn’t work there either…

I spoke to our Internet Security guy and he allowed it through our firewall, and not I get an additional error “Channel.security.error” when I try to load the application outside of the physical building via the Internet…

I think it has something to do with the crossdomain.xml file but I haven’t played around with that yet.

If you have any further suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks,

Paul

0 Kudos
DanieleSeveriano
New Contributor II

Hello Paul,

Talking about crossdomain, have you checked if the option "bypass proxy server for local addresses" is enabled at the browser?

0 Kudos
PaulElliott3
New Contributor

Thank you for your response, but I since corrected this error through ESRI technical support…basically what was going on was it was trying to load a map service that still had “localhost” in the REST URL…I removed each service and re-added them to include the name of my server (port)…essentially replacing localhost with port in each REST URL.

All is working great now…thanks.

Paul

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Were you working on the ArcGIS Server machine when you had the Flex Viewer working with the url that had localhost in its name?

0 Kudos
PaulElliott3
New Contributor

Yes, which explained why it worked on the server and not elsewhere…but when I modified the REST URL to include the actual server name, it worked great everywhere, both on our Intranet and most importantly, via the Internet outside of our network..

Thanks,

Paul

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Just a follow-up question for others who are trouble-shooting similar issues. Did the Flex app work if you were on your computer (did not host mapservices and flex app) and not the server as you said it worked in your machine (which I think you were referring to as your computer)?

0 Kudos
PaulElliott3
New Contributor

Yes, strangely enough, it always worked on my local computer…after discussing this with our IT team, they seem to think it was because I was logged in to both the Virtual Server (with full administrative privileges) and my local computer with the same credentials and on the same domain…all other users could not get the application to work until the REST URL’s were updated to reflect the actual server name.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

I guess the advice for others who are developing applications like yourself, is to test the application yourself on another machine or have another account that you can test your applications against to root out this type of issue.

0 Kudos