ESRI Fiber Editing on new map

Jump to solution
09-12-2015 10:59 PM
JeremyRich
New Contributor

Hi,

I am very new to ArcMap as this question will probably show.  I created a trial account and downloaded everything today.  So far I have been able to get the fiber editing add-in installed and I can successfully make changes to the default Florida based sample map.  The issue that I am having is I cannot figure out how to get the tool to work in a new custom map that I create.  I am trying to use shape files for parcel and road data that I have received from our county GIS office, and I'm setting the Coordinate System to match what they have used in the shape file.  I'm sure there is some process that I need to do in order to get all of the Fiber Editing data into my map, but all I can find online is an article describing how to export the gdb file to another type of data source (which in trying to follow those instructions I do not have a checkbox for showing advanced options).  Does someone know of a guide that shows how to get up and running with the Fiber Editing add-in for ArcMap?  Do you have to use the sample file and modify it to your needs or can you somehow import this data into a new map file?

Thanks,
Jeremy

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SpatialNinja
Esri Regular Contributor

Jeremy,

Just an FYI, the Fiber Tools are now in Mature Support so no additional functionality or compatibility upgrades will be performed on the tools.  With that being said, I might be able to help answer or get you some support on your question.  It sounds like the Help text you are refering to is from this web page, correct? The only other documentation on the tools is located here.   If you are still having issues, the tools are still supported by Esri Support and you might want to put in a call to them, or you can send me an email and we can take a look (phuls@esri.com). If you are interested in other fiber management solutions, our list of partners is linked to below. Thanks.

Esri Fiber Management Partners

Solutions Engineer | Spatial Ninja  | GIS ️ | Telecommunications

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SpatialNinja
Esri Regular Contributor

Jeremy,

Just an FYI, the Fiber Tools are now in Mature Support so no additional functionality or compatibility upgrades will be performed on the tools.  With that being said, I might be able to help answer or get you some support on your question.  It sounds like the Help text you are refering to is from this web page, correct? The only other documentation on the tools is located here.   If you are still having issues, the tools are still supported by Esri Support and you might want to put in a call to them, or you can send me an email and we can take a look (phuls@esri.com). If you are interested in other fiber management solutions, our list of partners is linked to below. Thanks.

Esri Fiber Management Partners

Solutions Engineer | Spatial Ninja  | GIS ️ | Telecommunications
0 Kudos