LGM Feature Classes Missing? ESN & PSAP

09-28-2015 09:07 AM
Labels (1)
BrianO_keefe
Occasional Contributor III

So I'm working with our group trying to get the LGM further integrated and I was presented with a statement.

"The LGM doesn't appear to be E-911 ready. There is no Streets, ESN, PSAP nor Cell Towers in it."

Well, I am slowly accumulating the LGM into my brain piece by piece so I was able to declare that all of those are, in fact, in the LGM. When I got back to my desk I verified that I was right... but then I also discovered that I'm confused.

Streets

In the LGM there are multiple locations for streets... ( I don't even know how to approach THAT situation simply )

• RoadCenterline
  • Street
  • StreetFunctionalClass
  • StreetSpeedLimit
  • StreetLaneWidth
  • StreetNumberLane
  • StreetOwnership
  • StreetPavementType
  • StreetSnowroute
  • StreetTruckRoute

Cell Towers

Cell Towers are covered by FacilitySitePoint > SUBTYPEFIELD > 880 (Information and Communication) > "Communication Tower"

ESN / PSAP

ESN's and PSAP's are a Field entry... so my question becomes, where are they pulled from?! Is there an LGM Feature Class (polygon) of these boundaries?

Message was edited by: Brian O'keefe > I had incorrectly stated that ESN and PSAP were 'DOMAIN' entries when I meant 'FIELD' entries.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SallieVaughn
Occasional Contributor

Brian,

As it turns out, I'm working on the exact same thing. We're using the RoadCenterline feature class as it does have fields for ESN left/right and MSAG left/right. I don't even care to try and understand what the rest are for right now.

When you state that ESN and PSAP are domain entries - the version of the LGM I'm using (10.2), they don't appear to be set up that way. Has that changed with newer versions? I suppose you could force them to be domain based if you so choose; not a bad idea!

What sort of layer are you using to store your ESN shapes? That's what I found to be missing from the LGM.

0 Kudos
BrianO_keefe
Occasional Contributor III

That's what I'm trying to find out. What layer does the ESN / PSAP go in?

Under the SiteAddressPoint, there is a field called ESN PSAP. I accidentally said DOMAIN when I meant FIELD. I'll correct that now.

0 Kudos
SallieVaughn
Occasional Contributor

There doesn't appear to be 🙂

We create custom response zones which are different enough from ESNs that the ESN layer can't be used. Although I would appreciate a template or workflow for applying ESN values to road ranges.

0 Kudos