Map Scene fails to extrude the layer according a field value !!!!

Jump to solution
10-06-2015 01:24 AM
MajdoleenO_A__Awadallah
Occasional Contributor III

Map Scene fails to extrude the layer according a field value !!!!

I am looking for a way to publish my 3D scene map with the extrusion, and with I applied it using Arcgis pro, it appears without the extrusion, and only one option is available at the level of Arcgis online "Scene" and it does the extrusion according to a specific height ?

unnamed.jpg

What might be the issue here?

Best,

Majdoleen

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Hey Majdoleen,

So the extrusion used on a feature layer in Pro is different then the extrusion spec used in the web scene viewer. Pro will be getting support for this spec but I don't have an exact release date for you but that is why the layers do not appear extruded in the Web Scene Viewer.

The feature search in a web scene is also currently not there but it is something we plan on adding to the WSV. Right now you can only use Esri Geocoding services or custom geocoding services.

Cheers

Russ

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Currently you can only extrude features off of a set value. We are planning on improving the symbol editor in the web scene viewer to support configuring symbols and extrusions off of attribute values in our release early next year.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Russ

0 Kudos
MajdoleenO_A__Awadallah

Thank you Russell,
It is very kind of you to answer my questions,

I have another two questions,

1. I am using Arcgis Pro to publish the web scene, despite that the layer is appeared in 3D at the level of Pro, it appears in 2D when opening the map scene at Arcgis online, Is it the normal behavior ??

Clip_84.jpg

Clip_85.jpg

Clip_87.jpg

2. Can we Configure the “Search” option in the Scene ArcGIS Online to search for values from the layer in the web,

Clip_749.jpg

Thank you so much,

Best,

Majdoleen

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Hey Majdoleen,

So the extrusion used on a feature layer in Pro is different then the extrusion spec used in the web scene viewer. Pro will be getting support for this spec but I don't have an exact release date for you but that is why the layers do not appear extruded in the Web Scene Viewer.

The feature search in a web scene is also currently not there but it is something we plan on adding to the WSV. Right now you can only use Esri Geocoding services or custom geocoding services.

Cheers

Russ

0 Kudos
MajdoleenO_A__Awadallah

Thank you Russell, hope that the new release will be more powerful and full of functionality, and release as soon as possible.

Best,

Majdoleen

RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Yes this is planned to be supported in an upcoming release this year. Feature Search which I mentioned in a previous post in this thread is something we are also actively working on.

0 Kudos