Building sections

10-07-2015 09:03 PM
Aaron_EsriZhou
New Contributor

Hi everyone

I am thinking to create building sections in ArcScene, does anyone know how to do that? I'll appreciate that! 

Many thanks!

Cheers,

Aaron

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You should really move this thread to

But there are some tools in city engine toolset

should you not have access to the full City Engine

or meet its requirements

gaming software is good if you aren't planning analysis

Aaron_EsriZhou
New Contributor

Hi  Dan

Thank you for your reply.

Yes I've heard about that CityEngine toolset might be useful but I still have difficulties with that toolset.

Is there any chance you could let me know which sepecific tools are useful to create building sections ?

Thank you and really appreciate your help.

Cheers,

Aaron

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Sorry.  I don't use City Engine much since it offers me nothing in analysis capabilities (aka not visualization...analysis).  I do maintain a casual interest in it, in the hopes that some of the concepts will be brought into arcpy geometry where it can be used for analysis purposes.  It is also find it interesting in its parallel links to gaming software and 3D rendering​.

0 Kudos
Aaron_EsriZhou
New Contributor

Hi dan, no worries. Thanks for telling me that and I'll keep exploring it. Hope I'll figure it out. Good luck with your work.

Regards, Aaron.

在 2015年10月15日,14:26,Dan Patterson <geonet@esri.com> 写道:

GeoNet

Building sections

reply from Dan Patterson in 3D - View the full discussion

Sorry. I don't use City Engine much since it offers me nothing in analysis capabilities (aka not visualization...analysis). I do maintain a casual interest in it, in the hopes that some of the concepts will be brought into arcpy geometry where it can be used for analysis purposes. It is also find it interesting in its parallel links to gaming software and 3D rendering.

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on GeoNet

Start a new discussion in 3D by email or at GeoNet

Following Building sections in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by GeoNet because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from GeoNet, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

0 Kudos