Land Use Public Notification / Government Model

10-08-2015 05:57 AM
Labels (1)
DanTeodor
New Contributor II

I'm trying to configure the Land Use Public Notification app and I would like to know  if I have to migrate my SDE to  Government Model  first.

Thanks,

Dan

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Dan,

It is not required, but makes it MUCH easier to stand up the application.  The app is configured to read the schema of the Local Government Information Model (LGIM), so you will not have to dig through the app config files changing feature class and field names.

Here is a helpful thread on how to load your data into the LGIM:

Migrating data in to an LGM?

DanTeodor
New Contributor II

Thanks Jake!!!

0 Kudos
JeffWard
Occasional Contributor III

I am in the process of implementing this app myself.  I attempted to get it to work with my data outside the LGIM, but I was having trouble getting the right field/layer combinations to work.  It was easier to put my data into the LGIM, at least the tax parcels and road centerlines.  It actually helped me clean up my data a little - certain records wouldn't load because they had bad field values.

One issue I have run into is the basemap has to be a cached/tiled service.  We have a basemap that is dynamic and that service wouldn't work in the basemap layers.

Keep an eye on the Local space, I will be posting more problems that I encounter.

Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah
DanTeodor
New Contributor II

Thank you Jeff! I also want to implement myself this app (for the first time) and I know that is a big challenge.

Thanks for posting. I'll keep an eye on you

Best,

Dan

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Also, if you do not have the time/data to create your own basemap, you can use any of ESRI's free basemaps:

Folder: /

BrianO_keefe

As a side note... Keep in mind you can prop up a copy of the LGM, load your data the first time manually into the LGM, then build a model that keeps it updated.

This is for those who have a proprietary schema in their databases that they can't abandon. You keep populating your data like normal, but schedule the model to run on regular intervals. Then your LGM is just an LGM-ized version of your data while your REAL (non-ported) data is in your systems native environment and safe and sound.

BrianO_keefe

Granted, looking back... this means you have no editing capabilities with any applications / webmaps you build off of this system. But... it gives you a viewer / portal to see your data.

Unless you setup a backwards model to configure your edits back into your original...

Anyway... Model Builder and the LGM... should be your best friends.