Default values and calculations not working in Repeat

Jump to solution
10-12-2015 02:47 PM
ChadMinteer
Occasional Contributor

I'm not seeing default values or calculations working in Repeats.  Anyone else seeing this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Just a quick update on this one. 1.9 is out and with it the fix. More details here: https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2016/11/07/ensiheim-meteorite-strike-day-release-19 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
HannahFerrier
Occasional Contributor III

This is a known issue for the current version of Survey123.

Repeats in Survey123 do not support data validation for questions within the repeat.

(Survey123 for ArcGIS support for XLSForm)

JakeMatthys
Occasional Contributor II

I am using Survey123 Connect version 1.6.11 and I am unable to get default values to work in a repeater.  Is this still a known bug?  Do we have an ETA on a resolution? 

Thanks

- Jake

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. Calculations within repeats were fixed some time ago, but default values still are pending. Sorry about that. We have this in the queue but not for resolution in our next update (September). Will re-evaluate for the October release.

DanielMcIlroy
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ismael, just wondering if you have any new news on this? Is it coming in the October release? It isn't mission critical for me, but was just trying to put now() as the default dateTime value in a repeating set of questions. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Dan. We want to support default values within repeats in our 1.9 release, which is tentatively scheduled for late October 2016. The fix is being tested at the moment. If we feel it  is a solid fix, will ship with 1.9.

IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Just a quick update on this one. 1.9 is out and with it the fix. More details here: https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2016/11/07/ensiheim-meteorite-strike-day-release-19 

0 Kudos
RenatoSalvaleon
Occasional Contributor III

The fix is only for default dates and time. Can the default value be applied for any field of the repeated questions? The default value works for the first set of repeat question but when add additional repeated questions, default values are null. 

0 Kudos