enahnced search widget buffer not showing

Jump to solution
10-13-2015 05:15 PM
JeffGarland_AGOL
New Contributor II

I'm working on upgrading to latest version of the Enhanced Search Widget (3.7) and having problems with the Buffer option on the spatial search not showing up.  Attached is a screen shot.  It worked on the previous version and I'm using the same config file.  Any help appreciated.esearchshot.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jeff,

Be sure to mark this thread as answered.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jeff,

Do you have this in the XML?

<enablegraphicsbuffering>true</enablegraphicsbuffering>

it looks like you are missing most of your labels for the graphical search tab. Can you post your xml?

0 Kudos
JeffGarland_AGOL
New Contributor II

Robert:

XML file is attached.  I would have thought I wouldn't have had to update the XML file with the upgrade to 3.7.  The buffer was working in the previous version. Thanks for taking a look at this.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jeff,

I have not worked with the Flex eSearch widget since February, so I can recall what I did in the code but the widget is working properly for the way you have it configured. If you want that search button in your image to go away then change:

<multipartgraphicsearch>true</multipartgraphicsearch>

to false. And if you want buffering to show on the "Graphical" search tab then change:

<enablegraphicsbuffering>false</enablegraphicsbuffering>

to true. Not sure why your config.xml worked differently in the previous version.

0 Kudos
JeffGarland_AGOL
New Contributor II

Robert.  Thanks for your help.  I migrated from the 3.0 Flexviewer to 3.7.  I'm inheriting the project from someone else and it obviously hasn't been updated in a couple of years.  I understand you're on to the WAB. Is there a buffer widget equivalent?  Searching AGOL I'm not finding anything short of the land use app.  Alternative is to build a quick app

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jeff,

Going from 3.0 to 3.7, there was definitely changes in the XML.

Yes there is a WAB equivalent from many of my Flex widgets

Enhanced Search Widget Version 1.2.0.4 - 10/13/15

Roberts Custom WAB Widgets

0 Kudos
JeffGarland_AGOL
New Contributor II

Thanks again.  I was searching on AGOL with your user name.  It's a mystery to me where Esri keeps squirreling away user generated content.  I guess I'll start searching GeoNet. 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jeff,

Be sure to mark this thread as answered.

0 Kudos