Wastewater Network - Splitting & Connectivity Rules

Jump to solution
10-14-2015 12:03 PM
JeffreyWarren
New Contributor III

Hello all,

I'm new to the Geometric network stuff and am curious if any one has any documentation regarding when to split/not split the line work in a Wastewater Network?  I saw a post regarding pipes in a water network (which I assume is about the same), but I wanted to double check first.  Also, I was curious if it is possible to create a connectivity rule to auto-place a Service Connection at the start node of a lateral line?  I have a rule that will auto-place a tap when the lateral connects to the main, but I'm looking for place the service connection at the beginning as well.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SSMIC3038
Occasional Contributor III

You can break pipes where ever and how ever you like, but the model will need to support all the instances where you break the line. You can customize the connections in pretty much any way you want, you can use the 'validate connectivity' tool to see if the connections you built are valid, if not you need to modify the connectivity rules.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
SSMIC3038
Occasional Contributor III

You can break pipes where ever and how ever you like, but the model will need to support all the instances where you break the line. You can customize the connections in pretty much any way you want, you can use the 'validate connectivity' tool to see if the connections you built are valid, if not you need to modify the connectivity rules.