How to remove a survey from mobile device?

Jump to solution
10-16-2015 07:45 AM
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Is there a way to remove a downloaded survey from a mobile device?  I could not find this option in the settings. 

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RonKnepper
Occasional Contributor II

Yeah go into the survey, where you can select to start one.  In the top right is the menu option and you can delete the survey there.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
RonKnepper

Yeah go into the survey, where you can select to start one.  In the top right is the menu option and you can delete the survey there.

JakeSkinner

Thanks, Ron.  Looks like I wasn't drilling down far enough.  I was going to screen where my downloaded surveys are located and click on the menu option there.  There it only gives me the option to 'Reinitialize Database' or 'Delete Submitted Surveys'.

Once I clicked on an existing survey, and then clicked on the menu option is when it presented me the option to delete survey.

0 Kudos
bryandhughes
New Contributor III

Thank you! Found it.

0 Kudos
HannahFerrier
Occasional Contributor III

Just adding a screenshot

deletesurvey.PNG

JevitaWebster
New Contributor III

on a ipad how can i delete a published survey 

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Jevita,

The instructions posted above are how to remove a survey rom the device.  If you want to delete a survey entirely (not just on the device, but also delete the form and tables created), you can go to https://survey123.arcgis.com and delete it from there - the options menu for the survey has a 'Delete' entry:

JevitaWebster
New Contributor III

Thank you

0 Kudos
PeterMacKenzie2

would it make sense to have a message on the mobile device that a survey has been deleted after they survey has been deleted in the browser?
in the same way there is a message to the user that the survey has "updates available".

0 Kudos
AldousTsang
New Contributor III

JTedrick-esristaff I noticed that if you use the shortcut of holding down the survey to go directly to the survey questions. It defaults to the shortcut method. This would make it difficult to delete the survey since it skips the settings page to delete the survey. Only way I can return to the setting page is by creating a draft and pressing the draft # to get to the settings page to delete the survey.