Viewport not displaying images

10-19-2015 09:39 AM
StephanieRouse
New Contributor

I am working with the trial version of City Engine and have been attempting to learn through the tutorials provided.  In this tutorial video #1 CityEngine Tutorial: Essential Skills - YouTube  the tutorial creates a new project and scene which I follow, however when he does so, there is a grid that appears which I cannot seem to get to work on my computer.  Also, when he uses "Grow Street" the streets show up, however when I complete the task, it shows the streets were created, however they do not appear in the viewport.  Any ideas what is wrong?  Is it a setting issue?  Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MatthiasBuehler
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

please make sure you re-watch the same video on arcgis.com. they have the highres videos. just google for the same title.

can you post a screenshot of what you see in your scene? I'm sure it's just a object type visibility thing.

let me know.

Matt

0 Kudos
StephanieRouse
New Contributor

Thanks for the advise, turns out the graphics card wasn't good enough.  I've got it fixed now.

0 Kudos
JamesFitzgerald3
New Contributor III

I have the same problem. I open CityEngine and create a new project and scene  and copy the data into my project folders. like the tutorial states. I am able to see the tutorial. Also, when I open a new project, then I should be able to see a grid, compass, and axes. I do not see these. I have the items check in the view settings.

0 Kudos