Export Attribute Table to csv

Jump to solution
10-27-2015 10:42 AM
JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor

Are there any updated versions of the Attribute Table widget that has a fix for the exporting to csv issue with Internet Explorer 11?

This does not seem to be an issue with Google Chrome but the task fails in IE 11 and most of our user base will be running IE 11.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZeZhengLi
Esri Contributor

James Crandall​ and Cole Andrews​ I can reproduce the issues your mentioned,and  we are going to fix these issues in next release.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
ZeZhengLi
Esri Contributor

Hi James,

Could you give me more details information about your circumstance?

Thanks,

Zezheng

0 Kudos
JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor

In a Google Chrome browser, clicking the "Options-->Export To CSV" on an Attribute Table successfully adds the .csv file to the downloads folder on the computer and appears at the bottom of the browser:

att_tab_export.png

In an Internet Explorer 11 browser, clicking the "Options-->Export To CSV" on an Attribute Table does nothing.  What appears to be a notepad window does popup for a split second and then shuts down (it's too fast to tell exactly what it is), but nothing is downloaded and no errors seem to get thrown.

0 Kudos
ColeAndrews
Occasional Contributor III

Just as FYI, I'm able to export from IE 11.0.96, although it's a bit tedious. While exporting to CSV, IE opens an about:blank page with a view of the text contained in the export file, underneath a "Save HTML Document" window. Then, after it exports to CSV, you have to open the "long way" in Excel and input the delimiter type. Not surprised by the IE issues though, seems to be a common diagnosis for a multitude of problems.

ZeZhengLi
Esri Contributor

James Crandall​ and Cole Andrews​ I can reproduce the issues your mentioned,and  we are going to fix these issues in next release.

JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor

Can you specify the file (.js, .json or other) and the approximate line/position that you would be modifying or updating?  We have some JavaScript resources and can work on this in-house as well.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
TimDine
Occasional Contributor II

Look around line 1340 in the widget.js for the attribute table widget.

if (has("ie") || this._isIE11()) { // has module unable identify ie11
          /*
  var oWin = window.top.open("about:blank", "_blank");
          oWin.document.write('sep=,\r\n'+ text);
          oWin.document.close();
          oWin.document.execCommand('SaveAs', true, filename+'.xls');
          oWin.close();*/
  blobObject = new Blob([text]);
  window.navigator.msSaveOrOpenBlob(blobObject, filename);
        } else {

0 Kudos