Water Utility Reporting Toolbar - Profiling Tool

10-30-2015 10:15 AM
MerekStrand
New Contributor

I'm trying to use the Profiling Tool on the Water Utility Reporting Toolbar (although mine is called the Infrastructure Reporting Toolbar) for a section of my stormwater utility network. Since I am not currently using ESRI's Local Government Model I have configured the tool to work with my network.

The tool runs successfully - albeit with a few problems - on a section of pipe where I have no elevations included in my attribute data. I get a profile like this:

The main is shown at -10,000 ft. (obviously a problem) and my drywells are not visible, but at least the tool generates a result.

After I add elevation attribute data to my network (drywell rim and bottom elevations, main upstream/downstream inverts) the tool gives me the following error:  Error in the ProfileGetRelatedSewerElevData Specified cast is not valid.

Can anyone help me determine what I'm doing wrong with my configuration? What is the "specified cast"? I need to show accurate elevations in my y-axis and I need my drywells to be visible. I have attached my configuration file if that helps. I am using ArcGIS 10.2.2.3552 for Desktop with an Advanced license.

Many thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
9 Replies
MitchHolley1
MVP Regular Contributor

See if the Utilities and Communications sub-space helps.

0 Kudos
MerekStrand
New Contributor

Thanks, Mitch. I thought I would get more hits in the Local Government forum but it looks like Utilities is where I need to be. Hard to know where to point these questions sometimes!

0 Kudos
MitchHolley1
MVP Regular Contributor

Yeah, it is!  Hopefully, someone here and there can help.  Sorry I can't!

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

Config looks correct.  Can you try the latest version of the the tools?  We renamed them a while ago and there could already be a fix for this issue if it was a bug in them.  If the most recent tools do not work, could you send a small subset of the data to?  mmiller@esri.com

0 Kudos
MerekStrand
New Contributor

Thanks for your response, Michael.

I downloaded the latest version of the tools and ran the AddIn file. The tools were obviously updated but the Loaded.config file did not change. Now when I try to select my first point I get a window that says "A location was not found."

I've attached a small selection of the stormwater drywells and mains I'm working with, as well as a section of our DEM.

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

The config file location probably changed since the version you were using.  If you have the attribute assistant installed, there is a tool on its toolbar to show you the config file.  Make sure to update it to match your layer names. 

0 Kudos
MerekStrand
New Contributor

I found the new location of the Loaded.config file and updated it with my layer names. However, I'm still getting the same results as I outlined in the first post above.

Any idea what is meant by "Error in the ProfileGetRelatedSewerElevData Specified cast is not valid"?

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

I am able to repo the error.  The issue is trying to convert the elevations from a text field in the drywells to a double.  If you create a new field, called RimElev2 as type double, and calculate its value from the RimElev field of type text, it should resolve the issue.  I will add logic to fix this and support text fields in a future release.

0 Kudos
MerekStrand
New Contributor

Makes sense. I'll have to get my database administrator on that one. I'm not sure why we wrote that field as a string in the first place.

Thanks for all your help, Michael!

0 Kudos