Runtime / iOS Web Scene Support

Jump to solution
11-18-2015 09:58 AM
StevenEnsing
New Contributor III

Hi Esri, I've got a question for you....

I've been tasked with providing some information on a potential proof of concept / application on iOS involving Web Scenes. I was wondering if you have any information as to whether there are plans for the runtime SDKs (iOS specifically) to support web scenes as an alternative to web maps. I might be getting ahead of myself here, but It could lead to some pretty interesting apps!

Thanks,

Steve

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DiveshGoyal
Esri Regular Contributor

We do plan on supporting web scenes and 3D workflows on iOS. Unfortunately, I cannot provide a definite timeline. The new-and-improved mapping api in our Quartz Beta release makes provisions for 3D scenes to be added later on, although currently we are focused on 2D maps.

Did you have any specific 3D workflows in mind? It would be great to hear what kind of apps you would like to build

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DiveshGoyal
Esri Regular Contributor

We do plan on supporting web scenes and 3D workflows on iOS. Unfortunately, I cannot provide a definite timeline. The new-and-improved mapping api in our Quartz Beta release makes provisions for 3D scenes to be added later on, although currently we are focused on 2D maps.

Did you have any specific 3D workflows in mind? It would be great to hear what kind of apps you would like to build

StevenEnsing
New Contributor III

Thanks for the update, Divesh.

The specific project involves a more intuitive way to do things like damage assessments, where a web scene layer (like buildings) are displayed in an augmented reality type viewer. Likely some other technical hurdles that I haven't thought of, but would be fun to try to figure out.

0 Kudos