Georeferencing using ArcGIS Pro Warp tool

11-19-2015 06:47 PM
AnnitaWaghorn
New Contributor

I am trying to georeference a scanned map using the ArcGIS Pro Warp tool. I simply cannot find a way of inputting the source and target control points without manually entering them. I know there must be a simpler way. Can anyone help me find it? Many, many thank.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

warp is designed for when you have your from and to control points defined and in tabular form

Warp—Data Management toolbox | ArcGIS for Desktop

If you want to do it interactively, see the links to georeferencing images at the bottom of the link's page

0 Kudos
AnnitaWaghorn
New Contributor

HI Dan

Thanks for your reply. I’m afraid I can’t see the link to georeferencing images that you mentioned. Could you give me the direct link?

Thanks

Annita

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Grief... to slow you down, it was on the 10.3.1 help topic reference

Georeferencing a raster to a vector—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

I am just going to check to see if that functionality has been ported over to Pro as of yet.  I will update this link when I am done, BUT, you can still georeferenced in 10.3.1 because you have it AND Pro isn't a replacement for 10.3.1 ... as of yet

UPDATE

George has the answer in this thread  Re: Does ArcPro contain a georeferencing tool?

Who referenced Gabriel who linked... you get it

So basically Register Raster—Data Management toolbox | ArcGIS for Desktop

provides links to how to register rasters, warp and warp from file

So, you have to use ArcMap 10.3.1 if you want to use the georeferencing tool

0 Kudos
JayJohnson2
Occasional Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 1.4 includes the georeferencing tools: http://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/data/imagery/georeferencing-tools.htm

0 Kudos