Is it possible to link WAB developer edition to multiple AGOL orgs?

12-08-2015 04:02 PM
MikkelHylden
Occasional Contributor

When I installed my version of WAB, I obviously linked it via app ID to my AGOL account through my company's organization.  We're developing an custom app for a client that has their own AGOL organization.  I can copy maps between the two, but I can't figure out how to put a new edition of the web app out that links to the maps (and authenticates to the users, more importantly) in the their organization. 

* The app won't copy in ArcGIS Online Assistant like the maps because it is customized, and therefore hosted in IIS.

* I can't find any text in the config files for the App (After dutifully going in and doing the download, copying the zipped directory to IIS, and deploying as a new IIS App) that indicates what the web map used in the app should be.  It is all over in the config files for the widgets for searches, etc. but not the displayed map itself.

* if I register my new IIS App with the client Org, I still have to log in using my Org's credentials (because the source data is on that org)

One solution appears to be to reinstall my dev edition and point it to the client org and app id, but this would mean I'd need a different installation for  every client, which seems like a very bad idea. 

Has anyone else run into this cross-AGOL organization issue before?  And hopefully solved it without too much heartburn...

Thanks,

Mikkel

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
QunSun
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hi Mikkel,

WAB Developer Edition does support multiple AGOL orgs by following steps.

1. You need to sign out first and WAB will show the UI to let you set your portal url, like the following screenshot.

2. Then you can change the current portalUrl to your client's AGOL org. Then WAB will ask for your client's AGOL appid. When this is done, click "Continue" button, you need to sign in to your client's AGOL org, then redirects to WAB. You can create app for your client now.

3. If you want to switch to your AGOL org, you need to sign out again, then show the UI to let you set your portal url. This time you needn't input you AGOL org, just click the dropdown button to select the org you want to use, then click "Continue" button. After redirecting to WAB, you will find you can see your own apps again.

MikkelHylden
Occasional Contributor

Thanks. I did end up doing essentially that. What was really hoping for though is the ability to deploy the same app in both without having to recreate it. I ended up doing a bunch of manual copies of widgets and configs but will get tedious.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos
JunshanLiu
Occasional Contributor III

For WAB app, one app can connect to one portal only. However, WAB app accept config URL parameter, like this:

<host>/wabapp?config=config123.json

This means you can use the same code to run as different apps by providing different config files.

For your scenario, after app is created and configured for different ORG, I think you can copy only one app code and different the config files to your IIS server.