Arcgis server 10.2.2 publishing service issue

Jump to solution
01-04-2016 03:53 AM
NadirHussain
Occasional Contributor II

Dear All

i am facing problem for publishing service in arcgis server 10.2.2.my geodatabase is in sql server.

i have already register the database as versioned geodatabase. i can edit the layers.i have already created the feature templates for editing.i have also register the database as Arcgis Server Managed  Database.when i press validate all button.It gives me OK sign.when i publish as service and on service editor form.i make it analyze.it give me some warnings.other warnings are low but one warning having Severity level high and  its code is 24011.Layers data source not register with the server and data will be copied to the server.i am stuck here.when i press publish button  the process packaging in progress start it takes unlimited time and process carry on and arcmap become unresponsive.so what should i do.waiting for help.

Thanks once again.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Nadir,

The ArcGISServer user need to be added as a user to your SQL server instance. This is the normal issue.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Nadir,

The ArcGISServer user need to be added as a user to your SQL server instance. This is the normal issue.

NadirHussain
Occasional Contributor II

Dear robert,

i check local users in my computer local users. and one user is arcgis.Should i use this arcgis as sql server instance user or create ArcGISServer user.Which rights should i gave to this user.waiting for reply.

Thanks once again.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Nadir,

When you go to publish the map service and you are given the Severity level high warning about the datasource not being registered have you right clicked this warning and chosen to register the datasource?

0 Kudos