Operations Dashboard Extension item Portal

01-19-2016 12:16 PM
JamesWallace2
New Contributor II

I want to Register an Add In widget for operations dashboards in my organizations portal. I'm signed in as Administrator, when I go to my content and add application I'm not getting the radio button Application Extension (Operations Dashboard).  Is there a step that I'm missing?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ChristopherOlsen
Occasional Contributor III

Hi James,

The article you're referencing is for the Javascript based extensions for Operations Dashboard.  There are 2 types of ways to extend an Operation View- this new JavaScript way (supports desktop and browser views) and also the older WPF platform (desktop views only).

If you are missing the radio button and using the new JS extension, check that your portal is updated to the 10.4 release.  This is the first release for ArcGIS for Portal customers.

If you are using the older "add-in" type of widget, when you click on Add Item, choose From My Computer and browse to the folder to upload the extension.

Thanks,

Chris

JamesWallace2
New Contributor II

Okay, I have Arcgis for Server 10.3.1 and Portal 10.3.1 installed on the server.  Basically I have a zipped folder of a custom widget for operations dashboard from a third party that I want to register so I can Add in to the operations dashboard applicaton.  Do I have to have the runtime SDK for WPF and Visual Studio 2012 installed on the Server to register the widget on portal?

Thanks,

J

0 Kudos
ChristopherOlsen
Occasional Contributor III

No, you don't have to have the runtime or VS installed on the server for it to register.  All you would need is the opdashboardAddin file, and you would be adding this as a File from my Computer.

0 Kudos
JamesWallace2
New Contributor II

This works thank you

0 Kudos
AndreDu_Preez1
New Contributor

Hi I have the same problem. I am working on 10.4.1 and are also trying to install widget from 3rd party. Where do I get the .opdashboardAddin file for it. Sorry if its a stupid question but I am new to this. Here is the add ins i want to add.   https://github.com/dbroux/printmap-opsdashboard-addin

Any help will be appreciated thanks

Also I am looking for 2 add ins that will assist me in Dashboard

1. to export data from Feature details or all features with selected columns to .csv file

2. to print data from Feature details or all features with selected columns to  .pdf document

0 Kudos