Where is the SoftwareAuthorization.exe in ArcGIS Pro ?

01-21-2016 09:34 AM
BenoitRoy
New Contributor

It said that I need the SoftwareAuthorization wizard to enter my Trial key, but there is none for ArcGIS Pro.

There is one for your other product called CityEngine, but not for ArcGIS Pro for ''some reason''.

I tried to use the SoftwareAuthorization.exe from CityEngine to Authorize ArcGIS Pro desktop and there is an option for it which is good, but what is not so good is that it will not detect it, even when ArcGIS pro is installed in his default directory. So what I am missing since this is really basic ?

If I dont Authorize it then I cannot connect to ArcGIS Online with my account. So I can't test the product to see if I like it. If I like it, then I will probably buy it. But now I cant do that and I dont think this is good, isnt it 😆 ?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

You'll need to sign in to ArcGIS.com using a browser, assign yourself a license, then launch ArcGIS Pro and sign into ArcGIS.com. There isn't a software Authorization wizard for PRO like the other desktop products.

ArcGIS Pro Licensing

MichaelRobb
Occasional Contributor III

ArcGIS Pro licensing is handled online rather than locally.

Licenses are handled when you sign into your online account (not ESRI Accounts).

https://www.arcgis.com/home/signin.html

Once you sign in, you will go to Manage Licenses

1.png

And in here, you can Assign any  user an ArcGIS Pro License. - in this case, will be you.

2.png

Notes:  Any user that requires using ArcGIS Pro requires an ESRI Account.

There are options to 'check out' the ArcGIS Pro License for 'offline use' .