hide objectID in Attribute table when using with Local Layer widget

Jump to solution
01-29-2016 03:34 PM
SebastianRoberts
Occasional Contributor III

WAB Developer edition 1.2.

I am using the Local Layer widget in conjunction with the attribute table.  If I have the layer "show" set to true in the attribute table on initial load, then my field choices set in the attribute table config are honored.  However, if I set show to false in the attribute table config, then if I choose "Open Attribute table" from the context menu for the layer in the local layer widget, then all the fields in the map service including objectID and shape are displayed.

Does anyone know if I can have the layers all turned off in the attribute table on intial load, but hide objected and shape if a user opens the attribute table using the local layer widget?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sebastian,

FYI, this actually has nothing to do with the LL widget. If you have any layer(s) in a webMap and do not specify the layer to show in the AT widgets settings dialog then you will get all fields period. There is no way to configure the visible fields unless you do this through the AT Widget setting page.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
SebastianRoberts

Clarification.  Of course the Locallayer widget is not an in-panel widget.  I am using the widget to load layers that aren't part of the web map, but am choosing "Open Attribute table" from the context menu for the layer in the "layer list" widget.  Still not sure how I could get the attribute table to hide ObjectID and shape fields when the table is opened from the layer list context menu.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sebastian,

FYI, this actually has nothing to do with the LL widget. If you have any layer(s) in a webMap and do not specify the layer to show in the AT widgets settings dialog then you will get all fields period. There is no way to configure the visible fields unless you do this through the AT Widget setting page.

SebastianRoberts

Hi Robert,

I just want to make sure I am understanding you correctly. The AT field configuration is only honored if I have the table set to show on initial load of the attribute table, is that right?

I've noticed that if I have "show":true set for the layer in the AT config, then my field choices are honored.

If however, I have that set to false, and I open the attribute table via the layer list, then no matter what I have configured in the AT config, field choices are not honored.

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sebastian,

Yes you are seeing the same as me then. It seems that field configuration is only honored when show is set to true.

0 Kudos