LATITUDE AND LONGITUDE RESULT ON MAP BY USER

Jump to solution
02-03-2016 08:16 PM
ADITIROY
New Contributor III

HELLO GUYS,CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME.  I WANT TO SHOW THE RESULT OF LATITUDE AND LONGITUDE ON THE MAP AS POINT AND LAT AND LONG WILL BE FEED BY THE USER IN ARCGIS JAVASCRIPT.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ADITIROY
New Contributor III

Dear Robert,

Thank you for your help.

Aditi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

so what have you read?  what have you tried? a very open question or are you looking for a pre-done solution?

ADITIROY
New Contributor III

Hello Sir,

Thank you for the prompt reply. I am new to ArcGIS JavaScript. I want some help in doing the coding and want to see some pre done solution on this topic. Basically I want to search the location of the point on the earth when  I feed latitude and longitude from an user point of view . It will something similar to geocode  example where instead of inputting the location or address the user will feed latitude and longitude.

Thanks Again,

Aditi

0 Kudos
MiriamBrockmann
Occasional Contributor

Good Morning!

I would have a close look at esris map.centerAt(mapPoint)

Here's the Hyperlink to it. Normaly that's all you need to zoom to a Point on a Map.

Map | API Reference | ArcGIS API for JavaScript

Regards, Miriam

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Adita,

Sure Tim Witt has a widget out there just for this:

http://jsfiddle.net/timw1984/ahnmv8gy/embedded/result/

ADITIROY
New Contributor III

Dear Robert,

Thank you for your help.

Aditi

0 Kudos
ADITIROY
New Contributor III

Hi Everyone,

I have one more question, the point plotted on the map and I want to directly do a buffer on the point on click.

Thanks,

Aditi

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Aditi,

You will have to add code to the function where the graphic is added to the map.Look at the Geometry Engine buffer method:

esri/geometry/geometryEngine | API Reference | ArcGIS API for JavaScript | Buffer

Also if your original question has been answered then make sure you mark this thread as the correct answer.